Backups with OneDrive
If you enable OneDrive backups on your computer for the Documents directory , OneDrive will move the Granthika folder containing your projects and logs from its default location to the OneDrive/Documents directory. This will cause the projects you initially created to no longer be available in the Open Project dialog after you launch Granthika.
In order to use Granthika in conjunction with OneDrive, you will have to specify the new location where Granthika should store its projects, database and logs, i.e. the OneDrive directory. Below are the steps to do so, while preserving any projects you might have initially created in Granthika before you enabled OneDrive backups.
1. Navigate to OneDrive/Documents and confirm that a Granthika folder was indeed created there.
2. Exit the Granthika application
3. Go to C:\Users\username\Documents where instead of "username" you include your username, and delete the folder called "Granthika" you see there. (note: make sure you navigate by starting from "Local Disc C: -> Users" in your windows explorer, rather than from "This PC". )
4. Move the Granthika folder from OneDrive/Documents to the C:\Users\username\Documents location. (You need to move it - not copy/paste it!)
5. Open the Granthika application.
6. Confirm that your previous projects are available in the Open Projects menu.
7. In Granthika go to the Settings option under the G menu.
8. Click on the BROWSE button and navigate to OneDrive/Documents to select that as the new Granthika directory location. Click on SET.
9. Exit the Granthika application.
10. Re-open the Granthika application so it can finish the file move - Granthika should start from the new OneDrive location but with your existing projects.
When you first go to Granthika, after you create a first empty project, go to the Settings option under the G menu.
1. Click on the BROWSE button and navigate to OneDrive/Documents to select that as the new Granthika directory location. Click on SET.
2. Exit the Granthika application.
3. Re-open the Granthika application so it can finish the file move - Granthika should now save projects in new OneDrive location.
4. Confirm the presence of the Granthika folder under OneDrive: